Harrison Hot Springs, BC is *almost* turning into Whoville this Christmas season
If you’ve heard the rumor that Harrison Hot Springs in British Columbia is turning into Whoville for the Christmas season, that’s not quite true.
Call me the Grinch, but, according to the Tourism Harrison Facebook page, the new and exciting Christmas events and decor the village is planning are more themed around their long-standing history with Sasquatch, not a replication of Dr. Seuss’ Whoville from How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
Whoville or not, Harrison Hot Springs in British Columbia is all about Christmas and I, for one, can’t wait to experience the magic of the season in this quaint Canadian village. The lake alone is a beautiful sight to behold!
Just three hours north east of Seattle, Harrison Hot Springs is preparing for their inaugural Christmas transformation. What exactly will that look like? Well, Tourism Harrison shared that they anticipate a "Whoville-feel" Village, but, no one will know for certain until November 23rd when the festivities begin.
This year Harrison Hot Springs is hosting Lights on the Lake, a Christmas Tree Trail, and more. It all begins November 23rd, which means now is the time to book your reservation and plan your border crossing.
Here’s a peek at the holiday schedule:
Lights on the Lake
- What: Stroll along the Harrison Hot Springs waterfront and enjoy the Christmas light display.
- When: November 23rd-January 28th
- Extras: The opening celebration will be on November 24th from 4:30-7 p.m. Lights will turn on at 5:30 p.m. and hot chocolate will be served to those who attend (while supplies last).
Sasquatch Christmas Story
- What: Pop into the Harrison Lake Hotel to hear Story of Hugh, a children’s Christmas story written by a local author.
- When: Fridays 6-7 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays 3-4 p.m.
- Extras: Sasquatch Hugh will be there in person! Bring your camera!
Christmas Tree Trail
- What: Take a self-guided tour through the village. Along the way you’ll see decorated trees, have the opportunity to grab a warm beverage, and, of course, shop for Christmas gifts at local shops.
- When: November 23rd - January 13th
- Extras: You’ll find maps at the Harrison Visitor Information Centre.
Christmas Craft Fair
- What: The 2nd annual Christmas Craft Fair at Harrison Beach Hotel. Admission is free!
- When: December 1st, 10:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Extras: There will be a giveaway for a free night’s stay at the hotel.
- What: Ring in the New Year with live music at Memorial Hall in a cabin style gathering.
- When: December 31st, 8 p.m. -1 a.m.
- Extras: Purchase tickets here.