Sounder North Line train service canceled until Monday by mudslide
EVERETT, Wash. - All Sounder train north line service is canceled Friday after a mudslide came down across the tracks between Mukilteo and Everett.
Gus Melonas of the BNSF railroad says the slide came down at around 4 a.m. near Howarth Park.
Crews are cleaning up the mess so that freight trains can get through, but all Sounder North service through the area is canceled until at least Monday morning. Officials are going to assess the tracks and the surrounding area Friday and through the weekend before they decide whether to allow passenger trains to go through that area again.
Melonas said the slide is about 10 feet deep and 20 feet wide.
Due to limited resources special buses will only be provided for Mukilteo riders, Sound Transit officials said. Special bus service at Mukilteo will be at 6:26 a.m. and 7:26 a.m.
All other riders should take regularly scheduled bus service, as follows:
- Everett – Seattle: ST Express route 510 departing Everett Station bay C1 approximately every 10-15 minutes.
- Mukilteo – Seattle: Community Transit route 417 at the Ferry Terminal departing at 5:49 am, 6:21 am, 6:51 am, 7:21 am, and 7:53 am.
- Edmonds – Seattle: Community Transit route 416 at Bay 2 departing at 5:45 am, 6:15 am, 6:34 am, 6:55 am, and 7:42 am.
- Everett – Mukilteo: Take Everett Transit route 18 at Bay D2
- Everett – Edmonds: ST Express 532 to Ash Way P&R and transfer to Community Transit 116
Mukilteo – Edmonds: Take Community Transit route 113 at Hwy 525 & Front St. to Lynnwood Transit Center and transfer to Community Transit route 116 at Bay C2
An update for afternoon bus service will be sent later today by 2 p.m.