Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes ofwebsite accessibilityCouple hurt as flames leap from Bothell home | KOMO
Close Alert

Couple hurt, dog dies as flames leap from Bothell home

Photo via Snohomish Co. Fire District.
Photo via Snohomish Co. Fire District.
Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon
Comment bubble

BOTHELL, Wash. - A dog died and man and a woman were injured in an early morning house fire north of Bothell.

Firefighters responded to the single-story home, in the 21200 block of 1st Avenue West, just before 6 a.m.

Authorities say six people were asleep in the home at the time of the fire, including three teenage boys. A house guests says he woke up, saw the flames and alerted the others.

The three teens exited the home through the front door, fire officials say. The couple climbed out through the bedroom window but inhaled smoke as they escaped.

Once outside the home, firefighters rushed the pair to a hospital in the area. Their injures do not appear life-threatening, firefighters say.

The woman's son was evaluated by firefighters at the scene for exposure to smoke. No other injuries were reported.

When the first firefighters arrived, the back of the house was engulfed with flames erupting through the roof, Leslie Hynes with the County Fire District said.

Fire conditions and the threat of structural collapse made it unsafe for firefighters to enter the home so they attacked the fire from the outside. It took firefighters about 45 minutes to get the fire under control.

The fire likely started in the home's laundry room on accident.

Firefighters from Fire Districts 1 and 7, Lynnwood and Bothell responded. Damage is estimated at $285,000.

Comment bubble

The Snohomish County Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating.

Loading ...