MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Bag catches fire at Sea-Tac Airport due to vape pen charger

Sea-Tac Airport (KOMO Photo)

SEATTLE -- A United flight at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport was delayed slightly Sunday morning after a man's bag caught fire.

Baggage handlers were loading luggage onto the plane, en route fro Sea-Tac to Houston, when they noticed smoke seeping out of one of the bags.

Firefighters extinguished the flames and determined that the fire was caused by a battery connected to a charger for a vape pen.

The owner of the bag was escorted from the plane to identify the bag.

The FAA prohibits vape pens in checked baggage. Here's a complete list of items not allowed in checked luggage.




close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending