Wheel of Fortune's Wheelmobile will be in Western Washington in search of good game players who are energetic, enthusiastic and fun. Fans will have the opportunity to fill out an application, have his or her name drawn at random to play a simulated version of the game onstage, win unique prizes and be evaluated as a potential contestant for the broadcast version of the show.
When & Where:
Wednesday, July 12th and Thursday, July 13th 5-9pm
Emerald Queen Casino I-5*, 2024 East 29th Street, Tacoma, Washington 98404
*This event takes place inside The Emerald Queen Casino Showroom. Due to gaming restrictions, you must be 21 years of age or older to attend this event.
We will be begin handing out applications one hour before each show begins. Searches will be held at 5 pm, 6:30 pm and 8 pm, with each show lasting about an hour. Everyone who attends the event will be able to submit an application. Participants will be selected to come to the stage and audition via a random draw.
How does it work:
- There are three Wheel of Fortune shows during each day of a Wheelmobile event. Each show lasts approximately one hour.
- Everyone who comes to a Wheelmobile event will receive a color-coded application. The color of the application tells you what time the game you are eligible for will begin.
- Fill out your application and drop it in a nearby receptacle. Just before show time, we will put all the applications in a big golden drum that sits on stage.
- When the show begins, our Wheelmobile host will pick applications at random from the drum and call participants up to the stage (in groups of five) to play the game.
- On stage, we will do a brief interview with each contestant and play a version of Wheel of Fortune Speed-Up Round.
- Each person who comes up to the stage will be evaluated as a potential contestant for the show. At the end of the puzzle all contestants on stage will be awarded a prize (Wheel of Fortune hats, t-shirt and duffle bags are just some of the stuff you might win.)
- Wheel of Fortune is looking for good game players who are energetic, enthusiastic and fun. This your opportunity to shine. Show us what you've got!
- After the Wheelmobile event is conducted, the team will choose the people they believe will be the best candidates for the show (based on their overall performance on stage) to take part in a final round of auditions. These final auditions will take place in the Pacific Northwest within about a month after our last event date.
- We will get as many people up to the stage as we can. However, we know there will be many more folks at our Wheelmobile events than we can possibly audition. For this reason, we will reserve some slots in the final auditions for those individuals who attended Wheelmobile events but did not make it up to the stage. After all Wheelmobile events have been conducted, we will draw a number of names at random from all the applications we receive in the Pacific Northwest for these slots.
- If you are invited to the final auditions, you will receive a letter or email within a month of our last Wheelmobile event.
What are the contestant eligibility requirements?
- You must be 18 years of age to be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune. Due to gaming regulations, you must be 21 years of age or older to attend the Emerald Queen Casino I-5 Wheelmobile event.
- You are not eligible to be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune if you work for, or are related to, anyone who works for Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc., Sony Picture Television Inc., Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Pictures International Television, Quadra Productions Inc., CBS Television Distribution Group, Enteractive Solutions Group, The Visionaire Group, Klick Communications Inc., Promotional Consideration Inc., game show prize suppliers, KOMO-TV (including its advertisers and affiliated radio stations), or any TV stations or networks broadcasting Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy!.
- You are not eligible to appear on Wheel of Fortune if you have appeared on another game show, dating-relationships show or reality show in the last year or three game shows, dating-relationship shows or reality shows in the last ten years.
- You are not eligible if you have appeared on any version of Wheel of Fortune ( including the daytime version with Pat Sajak, Chuck Woolery, Bob Goen or any other hosts) "Teen Week" or "Wheel 2000."
- All expenses incurred while interviewing and (if selected as a contestant) appearing on the show, including airfare, hotel, etc, are the responsibility of the applicant.
- A contestant audition does not guarantee a spot on the show. The applicant understands that Wheel of Fortune is under no obligation to use him/her as a contestant. It is entirely the producer's discretion.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS SHALL BE MADE FOR PERSONS WITH PHYSICAL LIMITATION AND/OR DISABILITIES.
WATCH WHEEL OF FORTUNE WEEKNIGHTS AT 7:00 pm ON KOMO 4.