In celebration of the 240th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, Bellevue Rare Coins is celebrating the Top 5 Most Patriotic Coins.
1. Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle: Produces from 1907-1933, the Saint-Gaudens double eagle is one of the United States most recognized coins. Featuring Lady Liberty on the obverse and an eagle in flight on the reverse, this $20 gold piece has been known for an asking price in the millions.
2. Buffalo Nickel: The 5 cent Indian Head, or Buffalo Nickel, was produced by the U.S. Mint between 1913-1938. Designed by James Earle Fraser, the obverse portrays the bust of a Native American man and a buffalo on the reverse. Just over 1 billion were struck in the aforementioned years, those of which have survived are now regarded as good luck pieces.
3. American Silver Eagle: Regarded as the official silver bullion coin of the United States, the American Silver Eagle is a treasured coin indeed. Struck in only one troy ounce size, a walking Lady Liberty graces the obverse while an eagle donning a shield rests below 13 five-pointed stars.
4. Bicentennial Quarter: Struck in 1975, for the 200th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence, over 900 designs were submitted to become the reverse of this coveted piece. Ultimately, the little drummer boy design won, helping to create to the bicentennial quarter we know and love today.
5. Star Spangled Banner Silver Dollar: Introduced in 2012, this coin is now looked at as the representation of the Star Spangled Banner. Lady Liberty is depictedwaving a 15-star and 15-stripe flag on the obverse while a close up of the modern day flag is proudly displayed on the reverse. With these beautiful designs, it's no wonder this coin has become near and dear to so many.
Did you like this? Read Benjamin Franklin Created The First Anti-Counterfeiting System In The United States
Since 1979, Bellevue Rare Coins has been a trusted, family-owned business serving the Greater Seattle Area with locations in Bellevue, Lynnwood, and West Seattle. Specializing in gold, silver, diamond, and jewelry purchasing, in addition to dealing in rare coins. We now offer a vast selection of fine, vintage and custom-designedjewelry for sale. Visit anyone of our three friendly locations for the best deals selling or buying.