The incident occurred at her home in the 100 block of Etruria at around 7:30 p.m. Investigators said the woman's mattress had caught on fire from smoking material that had been improperly discarded.
The woman, who is in her 30s, suffered a broken leg and smoke inhalation. She was taken to an area hospital in serious condition, but was expected to recover.
Neighbors helped damped the blaze before firefighters arrived and extinguished the flames.
Damage is estimated at approximately $40,000. The Red Cross is assisting four people affected by the fire.