Surveillance video gives missing man's family fresh hope

MARYSVILLE, Wash. -- A Marysville man left no clues when he mysteriously vanished five months ago, but a chance meeting at a supermarket has reignited his family's hope that he's still alive.

Lorie Alger spent 19 years living with Dave Boyle and she said he's the love of her life. She, like the rest of his friends and family, have no idea what happened to Boyle when he disappeared five months ago.

"I just want him to come home, even if it's just to say 'I don't want to be here anymore.' That's fine. I need something from him to say that," Argle said.

Boyle disappeared after being arrested for DUI. It was his third DUI arrest in 15 years, and he feared going to jail.

"He was as grey as grey could be when he came home," Argle said. "He was upset."

She said Boyle then left home, taking only his wallet and her car.

Boyle is well known in the Marysville community. He worked at the local YMCA and was active in sports in the school district.

"That is very unusual for somebody to go missing and nothing to be found," said Det. Craig Bartl with the Marysville Police Department.

Police say there has been no activity on Boyle's bank accounts or credit cards and nothing on the cell phones he left behind.

It seemed all hope was lost of ever finding him, but then something happened. A former student believes she saw Boyle three weeks ago at the Fred Meyer in Snohomish, and now the surveillance video is the only sign of hope that he's alive and in the area.

"She recognized him almost immediately," Bartl said. "I think he recognized her. They had a brief exchange of words."

After watching the surveillance video, Argle said she believes it was Boyle because of the man's limp and the way he put his hand in his pocket.

At this point, she says she just wants closure.

"He means the world to me and I don't understand why he did this. I just don't," she said.

If he's alive and in the area, Boyle may be driving a red 2006 Chrysler Pacifica with Washington licence plate 169WNT.

Police say he spent two minutes in the store and left without buying anything.