Seahawks' Russell Wilson launches world's first superfan platform
SEATTLE -- Before Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson even launches a pass this season, he will launch a new startup called TraceMe, a social platform designed to give fans an inside look into the lives of their favorite athletes, artists and celebrities.
The Super Bowl XLVIII champion Wilson founded the company and will be the first to open the doors to his life to fans seeking a glimpse on the app.
“I’ve dreamed about launching TraceMe for a long time and I am excited to finally see it come to fruition,” said Wilson, TraceMe’s Founder and Executive Chairman. “I have worked super hard with the world class team at TraceMe to make this become a reality for our fans.”
But don't think Wilson is taking any focus away from achieving the Seahawks' ultimate goal. According to him, TraceMe is just a supplement to adding another trophy to the team's collection.
“Now that it’s football season, my number one priority is leading the Seahawks to another Super Bowl victory,” he added in a press release. “TraceMe is going to help me on that journey by providing me with a direct line to my most passionate supporters who drive my motivation throughout this amazing season.”
With today's announcement of the public beta iPhone app, fans can download TraceMe on the App Store to access a wide range of daily content centered around Wilson's everyday life.
- DangerTalk: Wilson’s unique weekly podcast with his take on the game plus personal views on family, faith, and relationships.
- Legends: Wilson sits down to talk with legendary superstars such as Jim Brown, Chris Berman, Laila Ali, Bill Russell and Steve Kerr to reveal their stories and motivations, as well as to talk sports, entertainment, and world news.
- Training with Decker Davis: Learn how to train on and off the field like a Super Bowl champion with Wilson’s personal trainer Decker Davis.
- DangeRuss Minds: Train alongside Wilson as his mental coach Trevor Moawad teaches you how to have a DangeRuss Mind.
- Cooking with Chef Andrea: Journey to healthy eating with Wilson’s personal chef, changing the health of the world one dinner plate at a time.
- RWQB: Learn to be a great leader both on and off the field in RWQB, an elite training program for young quarterbacks all over the world, taught by Wilson and Coach Jake Heaps.
TraceMe CEO Jason LeeKeenan believes the app will transcend traditional fandom and take it to the next level.
“We think there’s a gap for the most passionate fans out there,” said LeeKeenan, a media and technology executive formerly for Hulu and Zulily. “Our vision for TraceMe is to define a new category for superfan engagement. When the floodlights are shut off at a big game or a sell-out show, the smartphone offers the best place for a superfan to immerse themselves in the worlds of their favorite artists, athletes, and entertainers. We want to give them the VIP experience they’ve always dreamed of."
There has not been an announcement of any other celebrities who will join the TraceMe family, but nevertheless, fans will be able to enjoy getting to know Wilson through the non-stop feed of content, personal updates and channels for social interaction.
“To create a set of always-on, exclusive, and engaging worlds for each of the icons that we partner with. We will lead the way with Russell, but this goes much further than his superfans. TraceMe is for all superfans of entertainers, celebrities, athletes, and more," LeeKeenan said.
For more information on the TraceMe app, visit the App Store or www.TraceMe.com.
In addition to serving as the founder and executive chairman of TraceMe Inc., Wilson is also the founder and CEO of a talent management company called West2East Inc. The Seahawks quarterback is responsible for launching the Why Not You Foundation in 2014, inspiring children to become future leaders of the world.
Watch the app trailer here: https://youtu.be/6VfjkdNGTEw