Seahawks fan knocked out, jersey stolen after playoff win

SEATTLE -- A bloody Seahawks fan woke up in a downtown Seattle street missing his jersey and his memory of what happened following the team's playoff victory last Saturday, according to the Seattle Police Department.

According to the police report for the incident, the victim went to a bar in the 500 block of First Avenue South -- about a block from the stadium -- after the Seahawks beat the Saints and was there until around 8:15 p.m.

The victim's friend was involved in a disturbance outside the bar, and the last thing the victim remembers is talking to a bouncer.

According to the report, the victim woke up on the street an unknown amount of time later. He was bleeding from the head and missing his Seahawks jersey.

The victim took a taxi home, and his wife took him to the hospital, where he was diagnosed with a concussion and required seven staples to the back of his head.

Police won't release the victim's name or identity, but a Good Samaritan has come forward after finding a bloody jersey not far from where the incident took place.

"We noticed the parking lot was pretty trashed when we came over (to the bar after the game)," said Matt, who asked that his last name not be used. "I love my Seahawks jerseys - a lot - so I could pick it out of a lineup. It stood out."

"I noticed a little bit of blood on it," he added. "We actually looked around to make sure there was no guy lying against a wall, drunk, passed out or something."

Matt picked up the jersey - careful not to touch any blood - and put it in a bag. He took it home, unsure of what to do with it. He says he later tried calling police several times but was unable to get through to a detective.

Upon seeing this story in the news, Matt came forward, hoping to reunite the missing jersey with its owner. He asked not to reveal the name, number, or size, hoping the rightful owner would be able to identify it.

"I've got mine. He deserves his. Maybe we can share a beer during the game on Sunday," Matt said.

"If it was a 49ers jersey I probably would've left it on the ground with the rest of the trash," he joked.

The victim, meantime, told officers he has absolutely no memory of the incident.