Police: Ballard couple harassed by loud teens, their mother

SEATTLE -- A Ballard couple made the mistake of telling a group of teens loitering outside their townhouse to be quiet, earning an attack from the group that night and threats from one of the teen's mothers the following day, according to the Seattle Police Department.

According to the police reports for the incidents, the whole bizarre thing started shortly after 11:30 p.m. June 24 when a couple trying to sleep in the 8300 block of Loyal Way Northwest heard a group of 10 or so teens being loud at the bus stop outside their townhouse.

When the couple went outside to ask the group to be quiet, the teens yelled at them and kicked their fence, breaking a number of boards, according to the report.

The boyfriend grabbed a baseball bat and got into a physical fight with a male teen, who was reportedly trying to take the bat away from him. Meanwhile, the girlfriend was spraying the rest of the group with a hose.

According to the report, a teen girl jumped over the couple's fence and attacked the girlfriend, punching her numerous times in the face and leaving her with a large bump over her eye.

The boyfriend pushed the teen away from his girlfriend, who went back into the townhouse after someone threw a large rock at her.

According to the report, the teens walked off after threatening to come back and rob the couple.

Officers arrived and were unable to find the teens.

The girlfriend was reportedly upset with officers and displeased with their investigation. When officers tried to take pictures of her injuries and the damage to her fence, she said she was having a panic attack and went back inside her townhome.

The teen who attacked the girlfriend was described as a Hispanic woman in her late teens, approximately 5-feet-4-inches tall and 105 pounds. She was wearing white shorts and a dark sweatshirt and had dark hair with red highlights at the time of the incident.

Around 12:30 p.m. the following day, an adult woman armed with a baseball bat and two younger girls showed up at the couple's townhome, according to the report.

The woman with the bat reportedly demanded the couple return the keys her daughter had lost there during the previous night's assault.

When the couple explained officers had taken the keys with them following their investigation, the woman came into the couple's yard and started hitting their door with the bat while yelling that the couple was going to pay, according to the report.

The woman then reportedly used the couple's garden hose to spray their townhome with water.

The woman and two girls -- one of whom was described as a 16-year-old black girl, approximately 5-feet-9-inches tall and 200 pounds with hot-pink afro-style hair with shaved sides -- walked off when the couple called 911.

Officers were once again unable to locate any suspects.

According to the report, the couple is afraid the group will return to damage their property and assault them.