Police: Arrested man followed, sexually harassed new mom

SEATTLE -- A drunk man was arrested last Wednesday for allegedly following a woman on the way to visit her newborn baby and yelling sexual comments, demands and threats at her.

According to the Seattle Police Department's report for the incident, the victim was walking eastbound on Madison Street around 11:30 a.m. when the suspect, who had been leaning against a wall, started following her and yelling sexual comments, such as, "I love to walk behind you so I can stare at your [expletive]."

The victim later told officers she is unable to walk very quickly because of a handful of medical conditions. But, she said she was walking as fast as possible to get away from the suspect.

According to the report, the suspect followed her for more than two blocks, all the while keeping pace with her and yelling sexual comments and demands.

The victim turned around and yelled at the man to stop, but it didn't deter him. She told officers she was very afraid because she couldn't get him to leave her alone and nothing she tried was working.

Eventually, the suspect became more angry and aggressive, saying to the victim, "You're a tough girl, huh," and threatening to beat her up, saying, "I'll give you a right hook."

According to the report, the suspect backed the victim up against a wall at Seventh and Madison and got in her face. When she told him he didn't need to cause problems just because he was drunk, he reportedly got even angrier and made punching motions toward her.

The victim told officers the suspect saw someone he knew and called him over to "show this girl what we can do with her."

While the suspect was distracted by his friend, the victim ran away and dialed 911. The suspect chased her and tried to pull the phone out of her hand, but the victim got away from him, according to the report.

When officers arrived, the victim pointed out the suspect waiting at a nearby bus stop. Officers arrested him for investigation of robbery and harassment.

According to the report, the suspect was aggressive and non-cooperative during the arrest and has a history of assaulting officers.

He was booked into King County Jail.