No arrests in string of early morning robberies in Capitol Hill

SEATTLE -- Victims lost cellphones, cash and more during three early morning robberies committed within two blocks of each other Saturday in the heart of Capitol Hill, according to the Seattle Police Department.

A man walked into the East Precinct around 12:50 a.m. Saturday and told officers he had been robbed minutes earlier in Cal Anderson Park.

According to the police report for the incident, the victim was near the park's bathrooms when a man pulled out a knife and demanded his shoulder bag. The victim handed over the bag, which contained only papers, and ran away.

Officers searched the area but were unable to find the suspect due to an event being held in the park at the time.

According to the police report for a second robbery, a woman was sitting outside in the 1500 block of Broadway shortly after 1:30 a.m. when a man walked up and snatched her cellphone, which had been resting on her leg.

The man reportedly ignored her demands to give it back, instead holding the phone above his head and dancing around the victim like he was playing a game of keep away.

According to the report, one of the victim's friends tried to get the cellphone back and may have broken her ankle in the process. She was taken to Harborview Medical Center for treatment.

The suspect eventually ran off with three or four other men, and officers were unable to find them.

A final early morning robbery took place around 4 a.m. at Broadway and East Pine Street. The victim told officers he got into a conversation with two teenagers when he suddenly found himself surrounded by a larger group.

According to the police report for the incident, the suspects dug through the victim's pockets and took $120 and his cellphone. During the incident, one of the suspects threatened the victim, saying to him, "What are you going to do?"

The victim told officers he was afraid for his safety and let the suspects take what they wanted. After the robbery, the suspects pushed the victim down and walked away, according to the report.

While investigating an earlier crime nearby, officers saw a group that could have been responsible for the robbery. But, the group had dispersed by the time officers went back to look for them.