Men arrested at Lionel Richie show spend 'all night long' in jail

SEATTLE -- A couple of men spent "all night long" in King County Jail after getting themselves arrested for investigation of trespassing and assault during Friday's Lionel Richie concert at KeyArena.

According to the Seattle Police Department's report for the incident, an usher noticed a group of people dancing in the aisle (though not "dancing on the ceiling") of a handicap area shortly before 10:30 p.m. and asked to see their tickets.

When the usher told the group they couldn't be in that area, the group refused to move and swore at the usher, thus violating the KeyArena code of conduct, according to the report.

Officers working security at the event were called to assist the usher and started escorting the group out of KeyArena.

One of the men, who concert attendee Kate DeWeese described as looking like he stepped out of a "Miami Vice" reboot in an all-white suit, reportedly told officers he wasn't going to leave the concert and was warned he would be arrested for trespassing if he didn't.

Once outside KeyArena, the man was again repeatedly warned not to return or he would be arrested, according to police.

Regardless, officers reportedly noticed the white-suited man -- perhaps due to his "endless love" for Lionel Richie -- back inside KeyArena minutes later. (With that white suit, he may as well have been holding a sign reading, "Hello, is it me you're looking for?").

According to police, when officers tried to grab the man he ran for an exit door, slamming it on a woman who happened to be standing there, causing minor injuries to her arm and foot.

Officers caught up with the man, and he was arrested for investigation of assault and trespass.

Another member of the group would have been better "running with the night" but instead reportedly ran back into KeyArena and was also arrested for investigation of trespass.

According to police, the two men were being held in a cell at the Seattle Center offices when one of them started kicking the door and demanding his phone call.

Despite being told he would get his phone call at King County Jail ("[phone call] say you, [no phone call] say me"), he tried to get out of the cell and hit the officer who stopped him, according to police.

He is now facing charges for assaulting an officer in addition to the earlier charges.