Man electrocuted while working on Edmonds construction project

EDMONDS, Wash. -- A 38-year-old man was electrocuted while working on a construction project at Swedish Hospital's Edmonds campus Wednesday afternoon.

The victim was working with a compressed air tool while in a ditch when he struck an electrical wire, said Sgt. Josh McClure with Edmonds Police. The worker was pronounced dead at the scene.

Power to Swedish Hospital and the surrounding area was interrupted or a while. The hospital is back on regular power but power issues could linger for other nearby areas, McClure said.

The Department of Labor and Industries and Edmonds Police are investigating the accident.

The victim's name has not been released.