Man allegedly rams drive-thru customers taking too long to order

SEATTLE -- A man in a BMW rammed two people in front of him in line at a Lake City drive-thru after they took too long to order early Saturday morning, according to the Seattle Police Department.

Details are sketchy, but according to the police report for the incident the BMW pulled into line behind a Toyota Highlander in the Jack in the Box drive-thru around 2:30 a.m. The Highlander's occupants may have been standing outside their SUV while placing their order.

According to the report, the driver of the BMW felt like the men ahead of him were taking too long to place their order, so he started honking. That reportedly prompted all parties to get into a honking and yelling match.

The Highlander's occupants approached the BMW and one of them forced the driver's window down, punched him in the face and took his cellphone, placing it on the BMW's roof, according to the report. Meanwhile, the two other men were were reportedly climbing on or hitting the BMW's hood.

According to the report, the driver of the BMW accelerated forward, pinning two of the men against their parked Highlander, before reversing and driving out of the parking lot.

The driver of the BMW circled around the block before coming back to the Jack in the Box for another round of yelling and arguing, according to the report.

This is were things get contentious. Somehow the BMW's windshield came into contact with one of the Highlander's occupants and shattered.

The driver of the BMW reportedly told officers he only drove into the men in the drive-thru line to stop them from attacking him. He said all the damage to his car happened at that time, and he never hit anyone with the car after returning to the parking lot.

But, the driver of the BMW was unable to explain why he returned to the parking lot, according to the report.

One of the occupants of the Highlander reportedly told officers the driver of the BMW rammed him a second time when he returned to the parking lot, so he punched the BMW's windshield, breaking it.

According to the report, the Highlander's occupants denied ever attacking the driver of the BMW while in the drive-thru line.

Several witnesses all gave different accounts of what happened.

No one was arrested, and the BMW driver's cellphone was never found.