Father, 5-year-old son shocked by power lines in Everett
EVERETT, Wash. -- A father and his 5-year-old son were both hospitalized after they were shocked by power lines in Everett.
The two were in a Genie Lift in an alley near California Street and Colby Avenue when they struck overhead power lines, Everett Fire officials said.
The father was taken to a local hospital while the child was rushed to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. The child was in serious condition, while the man's condition was not known.
Meanwhile the incident also knocked out power to the local area. Snohomish PUD crews were on the scene for repairs and restored power a short time later.
Fire officials aren't sure yet what the father was doing in the boom lift and why his son was with him.