MENU

      Flying glass injures man after small explosion at Monroe fairgrounds

      MONROE, Wash. -- One person was taken to a local hospital after a small explosion at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds Monday afternoon.

      A spokesman for Monroe Fireplace and Stove says one of their technicians was trying to light a wood burning stove at their vendor booth when it experienced a delayed ignition.

      The gas built up inside the chamber and created a small explosion that shattered the glass door.

      The technician was taken to Providence Medical Center in Everett for treatment of wounds from flying glass.
      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01

      Trending

      Offbeat News

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER