Assault victim tearfully thanks officers for saving her life

SEATTLE -- "You guys saved my life. Thank you. You guys came just in time."

Those were the tearful, grateful words of a woman officers rescued while she was apparently being strangled by a man who had agreed to pay her for sex, according to the Seattle Police Department's report for the incident.

According to the report, officers were called to the 3500 block of South Webster Street around 4:30 a.m. Monday after two citizens called 911 to report hearing a man and woman fighting, including a male voice saying something like, "I'm going to kill you."

When officers arrived, they heard a woman yelling for help, but the yells quickly turned muffled and raspy.

Officers found the suspect and victim, who appeared to be in pain, standing in a nearby driveway. Officers separated the two and got their stories.

Both suspect and victim said they met earlier that morning in Pioneer Square, at which point the suspect agreed to pay the victim for sex.

When they got to the suspect's home, they went into his room. According to the report, the suspect claims he gave the victim $60, but she left without performing the agreed-upon services.

He told officers he grabbed her coat in the driveway to stop her from leaving, and they both fell down. He said she only started crying for help when she saw the patrol car.

According to the report, the victim gave a different description of events. She said the suspect, who appeared to be high, was unable to find narcotics -- either meth or crack -- he had on him earlier. She told officers he accused her of stealing the drugs and told her to leave his house.

She said she left, but the suspect caught up with her in the driveway and threw her to the ground. She told officers he punched her multiple times in the head and put pressure on her neck with his elbow, making it hard for her to breath.

According to the report, the victim had some swelling behind her ear but refused medical treatment of any kind.

The suspect was booked into King County Jail for investigation of assault.