MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

3 adults escape Kent fire

Crews battle a fire in Kent early on the morning of Monday, Jan. 1, 2018. (Photo: Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority.)

KENT, Wash. -- Three adults escaped a house fire in Kent early Monday morning that did $300,000 in damage.

Smoke alarms woke up the adults, who got out of the house in the 11800 block of Southeast 261 Place. They fled with two dogs and called 911 before 5 a.m.

Firefighters found the first-floor family room at the back of the two-story house engulfed in flames.

The fire was put out quickly. The fire caused extensive heat and smoke damage.

The cause was a sofa too close to a natural gas fireplace insert, officials said.

The Red Cross is helping the family. The Flood Guys are providing a free service by boarding up and securing the home, the Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority said.



close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending