27 derailment victims remain hospitalized; several still serious or critical
TACOMA, Wash. - Twenty-seven victims from Monday's Amtrak derailment are still hospitalized, and several remain in serious or critical condition, officials say.
Local hospitals reported the following updates as of early Wednesday:
- Madigan Army Medical Center at Joint Base Lewis-McChord still has 11 patients, and five of them are in the intensive care unit.
- Harborview Medical Center in Seattle is treating four patients, with two of them still in the intensive care unit.
- Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia is taking care of six patients, and two of them remain in critical condition.
- Allenmore Hospital in Tacoma still has two patients, both of them in serious condition.
- Tacoma General Hospital is treating four patients, all of them in serious condition.
This is a developing news story. More information will be posted as it becomes available.