MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

10 sickened by carbon monoxide in Redmond

File photo

REDMOND, Wash. -- Ten people were taken to local hospitals early Sunday morning after being exposed to carbon monoxide, the Redmond Police Department says.

Police say a vehicle accidentally left running in a garage of an attached townhome is likely the cause.

Police and firefighters were called at 1:16 a.m. to a home in the 16400 block of Northeast 91st Street in Redmond. There was a report of CPR in progress.

Firefighters determined that carbon monoxide was the cause, and police cleared the homes and looked for victims.

Police said the 10 victims were in "various stages of consciousness" and were taken to several hospitals, including Harborview Medical Center, Evergreen, Overlake and Virginia Mason.

At least six victims were in one townhome.

There is no more information on their conditions.

The 911 call and a quick emergency response prevented a tragedy, police said.


close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending