The fire, which started on a fifth-floor deck, was reported just after 6 p.m. at a condo in the 500 block of First Avenue South. A resident was barbecuing on the deck when the fire started, according to Kyle Moore with the Seattle Fire Department.
Seattle firefighters arrived on scene moments later and were able to extinguish the fire before it spread inside or to neighboring units.
A woman in her 60s was taken to Harborview Medical Center to be treated for first degree burns. She was in stable condition Monday night. A firefighter was also taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
One unit in the building suffered smoke and water damage. That, along with the damage to the deck, is expected to cost $35,000.