Police capture teen wanted in deadly Bellevue bar shooting

BELLEVUE, Wash. -- Bellevue police say a man charged in a fatal Christmas Eve bar shooting has been arrested during a traffic stop in the Tacoma suburb of Lakewood, Wash.

Police spokeswoman Carla Iafrate said Ja'Mari Alexander Jones was arrested Wednesday night after Lakewood officers randomly ran the license plate of a car that turned out to be stolen.

Jones, 19, has been booked into the King County Jail on a second-degree murder charge with bail set at $5 million. A 20-year-old woman arrested with him was booked for investigation of rendering criminal assistance.

Court documents say that Jones fired at least five shots inside the bar, killing 30-year-old Deshawn Millikin, of Seattle. Two other people were wounded in the shooting.

Investigators said Millikin and Jones got into a physical fight just after 1 a.m. inside the bar. Security camera video shows Jones shooting at Millikin and then running from the scene, according to court documents.

More than 600 people were at the bar when the shooting occurred, including several Seahawks players who were celebrating after the team's victory over the San Francisco 49ers.

Coach Pete Carroll said the players were in a separate area of the bar and were not involved in the shooting.

Later Thursday, the bar's owners and Kemper Development Company, who operates Bellevue Square, said the bar would not reopen.

In a joint statement released to the media, the two said, "both parties determined this would be best for the community, guests and the families involved."

Jones was one of three teens convicted in the 2008 beating death of a Seattle street musician known as Tuba Man, 53-year-old Ed McMichael.

Jones was sentenced to less than a year in juvenile detention on a first-degree manslaughter charge in that case.

The latest charges against Jones include a firearm sentencing enhancement and carry a sentence range of 20 to 28 years in prison if convicted as charged.