Spokesman Kyle Moore says responding firefighters found four residents coughing because of the smell late Thursday night - and firefighters could smell an odor. However, repeated air checks by hazmat crews found nothing hazardous. Moore says the affected residents were fine once they got some fresh air.
The Fire Department aired out the building with high-powered fans. Moore says fire officials have determined the air quality is safe for residents. And he adds, "whatever the smell was, it's gone now."
Residents were allowed to return to their apartments early Friday morning.