Make these drinks for Cinco de Mayo
Here some cocktail recipes from bevmologist Javier Martinez :
- 1 bottle of Buscado Garnacha
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 12 cup Brandy
- 2 cans lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
In a large pitcher, combine all the ingredients (except for the soda and ice). Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Just before serving, stir in the soda and top off with ice. Pour into glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.
La Paloma Sangria
- 1.5 ounces Tequila
- Grapefruit Soda
Add tequila and grapefruit soda in salt-rimmed, ice-filled highball glass. Garnish with a lime wedge.
- 1.5 ounces Patrón Silver Tequila
- 12 ounce Hiram Walker Blue Curacao
- 12 ounce Grand Marnier
- 14 ounce lime juice
- Salt for rim
- Lime garnish
Combine the Patrón Silver tequila, Hiram Walker Blue Curacao, Grand Marnier, and lime juice in a martini shaker filled with ice. Shake well, then strain into a glass filled with ice.
Liquid gold, courtesy of BevMo
- 2 ounces Herradura Reposado Tequila
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 4 - 8 ounces Corona Extra
- Lime garnish
1. In a beer mug, combine the Herradura Reposado Tequila, pineapple juice, and lime juice, and stir to mix.
2. Add 4 to 8 ounces of ice cold Corona Extra, or however much will fit into the glass.
3. Garnish with a lime and serve.
Coronarita, courtesy of BevMo
- 2 oz tequila
- 1.5 oz triple sec
- 1.5 oz triple sec fresh lime juice
- .5 oz simple syrup
- 7 oz Coronarita
Combine tequila, lime juice, triple sec and simple syrup in a shaker. Fill halfway with ice and shake well. Rim a schooner glass with salt and fill with ice. Strain the mixture into the glass.
Add a coronarita plastic clip to the rim of the glass. Open a 7oz Coronita bottle and wipe off any residue. Flip the bottle upside down so it sis dunked into the drink and held by the clip. Garnish with a lime and finish with a straw.