Our ongoing investigation "Under the Bridge" has uncovered a pattern of design flaws, construction mistakes and contract violations made in the building of the largest floating bridge in the world. At $4.1 billion, construction of Seattle's 520 Floating Bridge is the most expensive taxpayer-funded project in Washington state history.
Construction on the bridge is expected to last another two years, and with their work only just beginning, so has ours. We continue to be the only local news entity breaking new information about the problems with the project and are dedicated to continuing that commitment. It's an issue that not only affects every single taxpayer in this state but questions the personal safety of every single driver who will cross the largest floating bridge in the world. Our investigation has forced those in charge to take a look at what's really happening Under the Bridge.
- Severe frost damage latest woe on new 520 Bridge pontoons
- Corrosion found inside the 520 Bridge pontoons
- 520 project overruns could cost taxpayers nearly $400 million
- State needs $170 million more to finish 520 bridge
- Plans to repair cracked 520 pontoons finally under way
- New transportation secretary has her work cut out for her
- Sources: WSDOT workers to be disciplined over 520 errors
- Inslee on 520 Bridge mistakes: 'This is not going to happen again'
- 520 Bridge mistakes have already cost taxpayers $100M
- WSDOT admits mistakes on 520 Bridge pontoons
- Whistleblower: Formal probe needed into 520 bridge dangers
- Judge rules WSDOT must turn over 520 Bridge documents
- Taxpayers on the hook for millions in new 520 Bridge repairs
- 520 bridge contractor blamed for B.C. bridge mishap
- WSDOT: Leaking pontoons to delay bridge by up to 6 months
- Former inspector: New 520 Bridge 'a disaster waiting to happen'
- KOMO investigators uncover more problems with Kiewit Construction
- Professionals call for state to reject new 520 bridge pontoons
- Investigation uncovers widespread leaks on new 520 pontoons
- Cracks found in more 520 Bridge pontoons
- WSDOT will not reject leaking 520 Bridge pontoons
- WSDOT secrets: Inside the 520 Bridge investigation
- Are shortcuts compromising safety of new 520 bridge?
- 520 Bridge construction company investigating employee drinking
- New claims of 520 Bridge workers drinking at second jobsite
- Hidden camera shows workers on 520 Bridge project drinking on job
- Inspection videos, leak reports and contractor emails
- Pontoon "R" Crack Maps, 2nd Cycle of Pontoons
- Time & Budget estimates for three major 520 Bridge contracts: 1, 2, 3
- Expert Panel: Internal Review
- Expert Panel: Pontoon Construction Report
- Whistleblower Complaint
- WSDOT Internal Audit & WSDOT Supplemental Audit Information
- Early Documentation of Widespread Pontoon problems
Contact reporter Tracy Vedder: