MENU
      component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01

      Kent family credits CO detector for saving their lives

      KENT, Wash. (AP) - The Kent Fire Department says a carbon monoxide detector that was installed in an apartment because of a new law went off early Thursday awakening a family.

      They evacuated and called 911.

      Firefighters found high levels of carbon monoxide caused when the family closed a fireplace flue because they mistakenly thought a fire was completely out.

      The fumes were vented and none of the five people in the apartment at Lake Fenwick Estate suffered any ill effects.
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER