MENU
      component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01

      14 sickened by chemical fumes at Puyallup hospital

      PUYALLUP, Wash. -- Hazardous materials teams were called to Puyallup's Good Samaritan Hospital Wednesday morning after a release of chemical fumes sickened several people inside.

      The fumes were generated after a worker poured a chemical down a sink on the third floor and set off a reaction with other chemicals in the drain, said officials with Central Pierce Fire & Rescue.

      Fourteen people ended up being treated for respiratory issues, including 12 staff members, a patient and a visitor, said hospital spokesperson Marce Edwards. The hospital has since been given the all clear.

      Officials don't know yet exactly which chemicals were involved in the incident.
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER